Molecular Detection of Cyclospora cayetanensis
International Food Safety Training Laboratory
September 11-14, 2017
This training program will prepare analysts to:
- Execute the FDA’s regulatory method for the detection of C. cayetanensis in fresh produce in the laboratory.
- Describe and execute the major steps to troubleshoot inconsistent results when using the FDA’s method to detect C. cayetanensis in produce.
- Describe the public health impact of cyclosporiasis as foodborne disease.
- Describe the emerging technologies and methods the FDA is supporting for the detection and characterization of foodborne parasites.
- Describe the process to verify the performance of the FDA’s C. cayetanensis regulatory method in a variety of food matrices.